About the role
As a Senior Applications & Environment Engineer you will provide primary technical assistance and maintenance for business-critical applications within the ANZ Region. In addition, you will assist in definition of requirements for enhancements, and management and/or development of these. You will also promote the efficient use of all facilities of software product to maximize Business efficiency and use of systems.
You must have previous experience in evaluating and understanding existing application architecture for maintenance and support tasks. We are looking for some that has organisational, planning and prioritisation skills as well as good attention to detail.
- Managing and supporting applications environment that includes Oracle SOA Suite, Gentran Integration Systems, TOMCAT and APACHE Clustering.
- Managing and Supporting LINUX environments.
- Maintain an awareness of information technology trends, identify innovation opportunities and plan how to benefit from innovation in relation to business needs
- Identify solutions and analyse requirements before acquisition or creation to ensure they are in line with needs and expectations of the business, covering business process, information, data and services
- Support organisational change to maximise the likelihood of successfully implementing solutions and delivering expected business benefits
- Coordinate acceptance testing and transition
- Conform to Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and contribute to improving processes
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant IT disciplines and 10+ years of IT industry experience
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels
- Vendor/Contract Management experience desirable
- Good interpersonal skills – including leadership and business liaison skills
- Flexible with willingness to adapt to the dynamic working environment
- Knowledge of customer service level agreements (SLAs)
- Application development and support experience, with current active knowledge of relevant software tools is desirable
- Experience with the development/formation of IT solutions and strategies in medium to large companies
- Experience in Release Management and Provisioning of environments.
- Experience working in BAU environment as well on Projects – work balance
- Experience in managing central registries and repositories for integration artefacts with exposure to SVN, JIRA, CROWD and BAMBOO is desirable.
- Knowledge of XML, XSD, XPATH, XQUERY and SOAP -- Mandatory
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of security roles, issues and risks in a medium level enterprise
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how to work with other teams, i.e. Architects, Developers, Test and Infrastructure teams
- Advance level working knowledge of Enterprise Application Integration using products like Gentran Integration System (GIS) and Oracle SOA Suite -- Mandatory
- Advance level working knowledge managing Tomcat / Apache Clustering.
- Advance level working knowledge of managing Linux environments.
Remuneration and benefits
We are committed to the development of our people and invest in ongoing training to improve performance, provide career development opportunities and offer competitive salaries.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We employ and promote on the basis of role requirements and we select people to roles based on their qualifications, skills, experience and fit with DP World Australia’s culture and values.
Additional information for internal applicants
Please ensure that prior to applying to any internal vacancy, you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and gained their consent.
Applications should be received by 20 January 2019.